These Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins are perfect for breakfast or as a grab n' go snack. They’re filled with wholesome natural ingredients like oats and coconut oil. The best part? These muffins are loaded with rich dark chocolate. Because who doesn’t want an excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast?
THESE HEALTHY VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS ARE:
* refined-sugar free
- 3/4 cup gluten free oats
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oat bran
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 flax eggs*
- 1 cup soy milk, almond milk, or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled off a bit.
- 1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (or whatever you have!)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- To make flax eggs, combine 2 table spoons of flaxseed meal with 6 tablespoons of water. Let sit in fridge for minimum 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, oat bran, buckwheat flour, coconut sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flax eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Finally, add your chocolate chips and stir.
- Full each muffin tin almost to the top.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool and enjoy!
* Best enjoyed within the first 3-4 days however you can freeze and de-thaw you want them for later on!
* Let thaw at room temperature 15-20 minutes before serving for best texture.