Flourless Vegan Gluten-free Oatmeal Banana Bread- made with heart healthy whole grain oats, pure maple syrup and creamy peanut butter. It takes just 10 minutes to prep in your blender!
THE ULTIMATE BANANA BREAD RECIPE:
Not only because it’s vegan and gluten-free (which is always a challenge in baking) but also because it’s made with wholesome ingredients and it takes less than 10 minutes to make in a blender.
A FEW NOTES ON THE RECIPE:
- Feel free to substitute another kind of nut butter or sunflower seed butter if you are nut free!
- Be sure to use certified gluten-free oats for allergies.
- You can substitute the coconut oil with olive oil.
- I recommend using a high quality blender!
- 2 medium-size ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk*
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond butter*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 + 1/2 cup rolled oats, divided**
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil***
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Grease or line a loaf pan then preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Starting with the bananas and working down to the list to the melted coconut oil, place all of the ingredients (except for 1/2 cup rolled oats and dark chocolate chips) in a blender. Blend on high for about 10 seconds, until a smooth batter forms. It’s okay if it’s not perfectly smooth. You don’t want to over blend the batter or it could become gummy.
- Add the remaining oats and the chocolate chips to the blender and stir everything together with a spoon. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown. A knife should come out clean when you stick it into the centre of the loaf.
- Allow the bread to cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from the pan. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Serving (about 1 slice)
Calories: 240 kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g