These six ingredient energy balls make the perfect healthy snack that tastes like a peanut butter cookie! All you need is a blender and 15 minutes to make this tasty recipe!
WHY ARE ENERGY BALLS GOOD FOR YOU?
Energy balls are great for you! They do just as their name suggests, they give you energy! Because they are usually filled with a balance of carbs, fats and protein, they offer great long-lasting stable energy that won’t spike your blood sugars.
They are also great to mix-in any “superfoods” you love to provide you with additional energy. Some great mix-ins are pumpkin seeds, Maca powder, ashwagandha powder or CBD oil.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- You only need 6 simple ingredients that are all healthy to make these energy balls
- These energy balls are naturally vegan, gluten-free, refined-sugar free and suitable for most diets
- These seriously taste like your biting into a delicious peanut butter cookie.
- These energy balls can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks and frozen for even longer!
INGREDIENTS THAT MAKE THIS RECIPE SO HEALTHY
- Medjool dates: they are sticky and act as a binder in this recipe, acts as a natural sweeter, and are filled with fibre!
- Natural peanut butter: filled with healthy fats and protein so they will keep you feeling full and energized.
- Cinnamon: Known to balance the blood sugar which will help prevent an energy spike and then crash
- Ground Flax: for some more fibre, omega-3 fatty acids, and a healthy superfood boost!
- Hemp Seeds: are a complete source of protein, providing all nine essential amino acids. Perfect addition to a vegan diet!
- Oats: Contain more protein and fat and nutrients than most grains making it a complex carbohydrate that your body will love
TIPS FOR MAKING PERFECT ENERGY BALLS
- The fresher your Medjool dates, the better. If your dates are old they won’t be as sticky.
- If your dates feel dry, soak them in warm water for 5 minutes, then drain and proceed with the recipe. This will rehydrate them.
- If your dough isn’t sticking together when rolling the balls, add more dates and pulse together again.
Now for the recipe..
1 cup organic oats
3/4 cup pitted dates
3/4 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup chia
1/4 cup hemp hearts
1/2 tsp cinnamon (ground)
pinch of salt
Add the dates, peanut butter, oats, cinnamon, hemp, chia and sea salt to a food processor or blender and blend until well mixed and sticky. Transfer to a medium-size mixing bowl. Form into even balls with your hands and store in the fridge or freezer until ready to enjoy.